Due to expansion, my client, a leading, global medical devices company is looking for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer for their plant in Galway. The role will focus on providing technical support to the manufacturing operations and also support new technology introduction.
- be responsible for product family (processes, equipment and documentation to meet quality, service and cost objectives for AOP targets).
- demonstrate engineering leadership in corrective/preventative action procedures and NCMR closure.
- lead audit activities for product family with corporate and regulatory bodies, project lead on Lean Sigma initiatives and continuous improvement projects.
- Be the project lead for cross site engineering projects to harness corporate wide best practice including transfers/onloads.
- Lead process improvement/validation activities and demonstrate ability to identify process improvement/cost saving opportunities.
- participate in planning the technical aspect of process improvement projects, drive continuous process improvement and equipment upgrades.
- Guide the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- develop and maintain technical capability of group to achieve business strategy through mentoring/coaching.
- direct and develop other allocated engineering staff.
- BSc Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline and desirably with 5 years relevant experience in manufacturing or related engineering discipline.
- dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in a changing environment within the medical devices sector, preferably with familiarity of FDA regulations.
- Strong technical engineering knowledge with problem solving experience using DMAIC methodology. Flexibility to travel frequently is also required.
- Experience in process development and introduction of new technology within the medical device industry and experience in drug devices or DES manufacturing is desirable.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, both writing and speaking
To apply for this position please contact Majella Slevin at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455300 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent