Advanced Information Security Engineer
My client has an excellent job opportunity for an IT Security Engineer. This job is based in Dublin West and is an opportunity to design and define the business’ global security plan.
- Provide granular security infrastructure knowledge and input across multiple business units, primarily focusing on architecture projects.
- Design, develop, deploy and determine monitoring strategies for infrastructure components such as: Enterprise Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Advanced threat detection, SIEM, DMZ, VPN, Load Balancers, Network Infrastructure etc.
- Engage with solution architects to design end to end, enterprise level Telecoms solutions for customers.
- Contribute to both internal and customer focused Disaster Recovery projects.
- Provide key contribution to technical documentation in relation to verifying HA capabilities of security and network components, such as firewall clusters.
- Design “Defence in Depth” strategy for the business, to deliver elevated company security posture.
- Maintain awareness of current threats, including zero day exploits, and communicate threat details and mitigation procedures to both internal and external stakeholders.
- In collaboration with IT, contribute to the delivery of a suite of security tools from Anti-Virus, SIEM solutions to Advanced and Intelligent Threat Detection tools.
- Understand, develop and implement relevant regulatory, security and data protection policies and processes for Company Internal Infrastructure, Infrastructure Services and Hosted Services offerings in accordance with Company corporate governance, customer requirements and regional regulations.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of H/A firewalls, VPN, SIEM, intrusion detection systems etc, with the capability to design “Defence in Depth” solutions.
- Proven expertise in designing, deploying, configuring, maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting highly available enterprise level firewalls, IDS, IPS in complex environments.
- Proven experience designing and implementing corporate security policies with hands on knowledge of all tiers
- Exposure to working in Telecoms environments is advantageous.
- Computer Science /related Degree is the minimum tertiary level qualification ideally expected for this role.
- Working knowledge Linux and Cisco, with knowledge of Red Hat Security an advantage.
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure – AWS, VSphere, KVM an advantage
This is a compelling job opportunity for an IT Security Engineer who wants the opportunity to define a security plan across the whole company and be part of a collaborative, solution finding environment. For more info and a confidential chat please contact Conor McHugh on 01 4744622 or at email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.