Senior IT Risk Manager
My client, a major international, financial institution has a requirement for an IT Risk Manager to join its team in Dublin. The successful candidate will be a key driver of the Information Risk plan across all areas of the bank and ensure that the Dublin function complies with the Global standard.
- Work across regional and global Heads to provide Info Risk updates
- Assist in defining the risk appetite for different areas of the business
- Continuously acknowledging the initiatives of the different areas of the business and aligning these drives/projects with Information Risk policy
- Increasing the understanding of information risks within the GB / GF / HTS (Non-IT) by explaining these in plain/business terms and helping them to ensure that these are kept within their risk appetite by recommending mitigating actions
- Reviewing RCAs, MSIIs, Internal Audit findings, BRCM reviews and any other ISR related KRIs to establish risk themes and provide advice on remediation
- Provide risk opinion and guidance to the GB / GF / HTS (Non-IT) on dispensation requests.
- Manage and maintain close oversight on all ISR related incidents with a view to provide assurance that risks and impacts have been handled effectively
- Supporting the GB / GF / HTS (Non-IT) in the RCA process and the use of the ISR Risk and Control Library to ensure relevant information security risks and controls are included in the RCA.
- Liaising with all Function Heads within ISR
- Expertise in Information and Operational Risk so as to communicate across all Management sectors. Understanding of the Fraud and Risk characteristics of key products and channels
- Be able to implement a vision and strategy for risk capability across the global functions and communicate to key stakeholders including those at C-level and get their buy-in
- Be a key influencer who can present strategies and concepts to Senior Management and be a function of their decision making
- Knowledge of all major areas of a Global Bank that can span retail, commercial or investment banking products and processes
- Have excellent communication skills to be able to build relationships with key internal & external stakeholders and can implement strategy and vision
- A change agent who is not afraid to change the status quo to drive Group strategy
- Experience in dealing with complex matters by adopting a pragmatic approach, identifying core requirements from both a security and a business perspective and translating them into simplified activities that address the problem
- Transformation and change programmes experience
- Experience in Information Security Risk management processes
- Professional related security qualifications preferable such as CISM and CRISC
This is a unique opportunity to have a critical impact on a major international company as they open its IT Risk function to Ireland for the first time.
For more information and a confidential chat, please contact Conor McHugh on 01 4744622 or at firstname.lastname@example.org